Professional Engineering Design Projects
(Top Ten Most Recent)
- Odessa College (Odessa, TX)
- Freedoms Path at Kerrville (Kerrville, TX)
- Floresville Oakland Hills Apartments (Floresville, TX)
- Maud Jennings Habitat for Humanity Residential Subdivision (Kerrville, TX)
- ECISD High School $58 Million Bond Package (Odessa, TX)
- Hunt ISD Pavilion and Gymnatorium (Hunt, Texas)
- Kenedy Heights Apartments (Kenedy, TX)
- Emerald Cottages of Kerrville – Phase 1 (Kerrville, TX)
- MCHS Medical Clinics (Odessa, TX)
- Kerrville Sports Complex (Kerrville, TX)
The WEL team has a great deal of experience in the civil engineering field. We have proven our merit on a multitude of design projects such as stormwater drainage and detention, roadway and other paving, sidewalks, water & wastewater systems, grading plans, erosion control, and a variety of general land development projects. In addition to design experience, WEL has an extensive background in providing bid phase and construction administration services.
City Engineering Services
Mr. Wellborn has an extensive background in serving municipalities. His professional municipal experience began in the City of Cedar Hill, Texas, where he served as Civil Engineer from 2001 to 2003, when he was promoted to City Engineer and served in that capacity until 2006. In 2006, Mr. Wellborn accepted the position of City Engineer for the City of Kerrville, Texas. In 2009, he became the Director of Engineering for the City of Kerrville and served in that capacity until October, 2011 when he opened Wellborn Engineering, LLC.
As acting city engineer for two (2) municipalities, Mr. Wellborn has developed systematic approaches (checklists, forms, schedules, databases, etc) to assist the development community and to streamline plan review, preconstruction, construction, inspections, and final acceptance. His goal as a public servant has been to assist the public and development community with excellent customer services, while at the same time holding to his oath as a professional engineer to protect the public life, safety, health, and welfare.
Mr. Wellborn’s responsibilities as city engineer has included managing municipal Geographical Information Systems (GIS), construction inspections, plan reviews, Water and Wastewater Master Plans, enforcing and updating the city’s development ordinances, subdivision regulations, standard details, drainage design manuals, and Capital Improvement Plans (CIP).
As additional responsibilities to managing the CIP, Mr. Wellborn served as project manager for numerous capital improvement projects. His responsibilities included securing professional engineering design services, managing design schedules for various phases (schematic, design development, and construction documents), coordinating construction contracts from hosting public bidding processes to execution of contracts, issuing notice to proceed letters, hosting pre-construction meetings, overseeing construction inspections, reviewing and approving contractor pay applications, conducting final walk-throughs, issuing letters of substantial completion and final acceptance.
- Pleasant Run Road – Phase 3 and Cedar Hill Road (Cedar Hill, TX)
- Joe Wilson Road widening (Cedar Hill, TX)
- Uptown Boulevard Road construction (Cedar Hill, TX)
- Safe Routes to School (Kerrville, TX)
- Holdsworth Boulevard (Kerrville, TX)
- Ridgewood Elevated Storage Tank (Kerrville, TX)
- Fire Station #4 (Kerrville)
- Harper Road Utility Extension (Kerrville, TX)
- Oak Hollow Drainage Improvements (Kerrville, TX)
- Regional Stormwater Detention Pond (Kerrville, TX)
- Kerrville Wastewater Treatment Plant Belt Filter Press and Building Improvements (Kerrville, TX)
- High Service Pump at Riverhill Booster Station (Kerrville, TX)
- Kerrville Airport Water Main Improvements (Kerrville, TX)
- Motor Control Center at the Kerrville Water Treatment Plant (Kerrville, TX)
- Waste Water Treatment Plant Facility Building (Kerrville, TX)
- Phase 1 I&I Rehabilitation and Replacement (Kerrville, TX)
- Methodist Encampment Water Well (Kerrville, TX)
- Landfill Water Main Extension (Kerrville, TX)
- Phase 2 I&I Rehabilitation and Replacement (Kerrville, TX)
- Jackson and Glen Road Water Line Replacement (Kerrville, TX)
- Butt-Holdsworth Library Renovation (Kerrville, TX)